As a result of large growth to the procurement team, this prestigious defence company, based in Southern Hampshire is seeking 3 Buyers to support in the building and completion of some of the largest aircraft carriers in the country.
With a whole host of exciting projects to come, this FTSE 100 is looking for hands-on individuals to procure the essentials for the ships. As well as the plethora of knowledge that you will learn and bring to the team, this opportunity offers a wealth of development as you will see the full procurement and planning process of building these carriers right from the start. You will be someone who enjoys a challenge.
A dynamic role, you’ll possess a manufacturing background, a diligent attitude and a confidence in buying high value electro-mechanical items. An ambitious and can-do approach may lead to this role becoming one that ultimately leads teams to update infrastructure and processes and transport management as well as implementing improvements – so if you are ambitious then this is the role for you.
- Developing and applying procurement processes within projects or business functions to source goods and services where the value, risk or contract warrants special definition or conditions beyond those for a routine purchase
- Working with other functional representatives and/or customers and suppliers to meet operational needs of line management and the business. Typically this role would also be involved in roll-out and management of corporate procurement processes and technologies.
- Responsible for the timely development of production, materials, maintenance and repair plans and schedules to support the customer’s requirements for more critical or higher value elements of the planning process
- You will have a good and broad professional knowledge and understanding of procurement principles and practices, including an understanding of the impact and implications of decisions made across the wider Supply Chain
- An understanding of links with stakeholders & commercial awareness
- Will have to manage their and others workload, allocate work and check on completion for team members
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Chizoba at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7393 140509 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.