Working in this fast-paced environment, you will collaborate with a team who truly share the vision and goal to deliver breath-taking and thought-provoking technology.
You will be an individual with passion, dedication and ambition. In joining this company, you will embark on an upward journey of progression, both individually and as part of the wider team.
As one of the UK’s most iconic brands, this Surrey based business is leading from the front with their innovative and forward-thinking approach. An established, yet still growing, Procurement function are recruiting a Senior Buyer to join them on their strategic journey.
Sound like something you want to be a part of? You will report directly to the Procurement Manager and be given autonomy to run full procurement cycles across direct commodities, mainly electrical components. As a key member in the team you are encouraged to share ideas and input into the strategy where you can.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Management of multimillion pound portfolios – direct electrical components
- Co-ordination and full autonomy for supplier nomination and long-term strategies within a chosen function group
- Budgetary control of all associated cost centres
- Work with stakeholders and establish relationships and long term development plans with suppliers based upon common goals and objectives
- Manage Supplier contracts and commercial negotiations
- Driving cost-down activities with suppliers
- Effective resolution of all critical supply issues and status reporting to the project team
- Whilst following industry best practice, develop a culture of continuous improvement throughout the business
Skills and Experience Required:
- Ability to lead negotiations and support teams in the development of negotiations strategies for large and complex projects
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work off own initiative when under pressure
- Driven and focused nature
- Ability to take a lead role in contract implementation and management
- Proven procurement experience, dealing with both small and large value contracts
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads on 01962 869 838. Sophie is managing this role on an exclusive basis. All enquiries are handled confidentially.