An evolving company with significant growth is seeking a Buyer to join their Bids and Projects team. Based in West Sussex this independent organisation offers technical expertise and specialist manufacturing on a global scale. Founded in 1995 the company have built a reputation based on flexibility, agility and innovation.
Joining this busy Bids and Projects team you will be responsible for leading a large scale, high profile and business critical project. Playing a key role in the team it is your responsibility to deliver effective strategic procurement, supply chain planning and supplier management. You will take full accountability and autonomy for supplier performance and delivery of strategic objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside the sales team to win new business
- Act as a single Point of Contact for the project team, managing procurement dependencies across Quality, Product Development, Logistics, Production and Legal departments, ensuring customer and supplier requirements are managed
- Develop bid & project procurement strategies and work with key stakeholders to deliver these effectively
- Supplier relationship management activities
- Lead the planning of materials requirements to ensure timely deliveries within budget
- Responsible for creating and managing material budgets for your bids and projects
- Establish Bill of Materials costs for key stages of product maturity
- Identify and pursue all savings and cost efficiencies
- Produce reports to demonstrate supply chain performance
Skills and Experience Required:
In order to be successful in this role you should be an experienced Buyer with knowledge of sub-contract management. We are looking for a driven and motivated individual who has the desire to succeed and progress.
- Experience of working at a strategic level, specifically experience of strategic sourcing in the vehicle, engineering and production environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to adapt working style to suit a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to manage stakeholders effectively
- Capability to develop and effectively manage complex supply chains
- Results-focused and hard-working nature
Please note that applicants must be eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC (‘Secret’) level.
In addition to a competitive salary this company offer a range of excellent benefits and rewards, including early finish on Friday afternoons.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and diverse organisation, if you are interested to learn more please contact us today. Please apply with an up to date CV today, or call Sophie on 01962 869838 for more information.