A leading UK independent healthcare provider with a global foothold has big plans on its horizon.
Having just hired a new Head of Procurement with ambitions to make their UK branch the largest procurement function in the company.
This has called for a massive transformation of their procurement service strengthening it significantly by moving to category-based procurement. Setting themselves up for success they have some great opportunities to lead and shape the future of procurement in the company.
They are looking to recruit Buyer/Senior Buyers to work with one or more spend categories, with an important role to play in ensuring that they are procuring effectively from our suppliers and delivering value for money to the business.
You will work with key business stakeholders to identify and run sourcing projects, negotiate with suppliers, manage contract renewals and drive supplier performance to deliver the category work plan and associated targets.
As Buyer/Senior Buyer your responsibilities will include:
- Leading end to end supplier engagement and sourcing activities, from the definition of business requirements, sourcing, tender analysis, negotiation, performance monitoring and ongoing life cycle management.
- Identifying and delivering evidence-based cost reduction opportunities
- Negotiating contracts, including pricing and commercial terms and the development of SLAs and KPIs to support operational requirements
- Having a visible presence in the business, acting as a Procurement Business Partner and building your credibility with key stakeholders
- Ensuring a robust procurement process for all contracted goods and services, identifying and meeting all regulatory and quality standards
- Supporting the development of global procurement initiatives and their local delivery in the UK
- Managing suppliers to ensure performance and innovation are delivered during the contract term
As Buyer/Senior Buyer you benefits will include:
- Very competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave plus the opportunity to buy/sell more
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
How to apply:
To discuss the Senior Commercial Officer in more depth please contact Rahim Ali Ahmad at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 7387 102095. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.