Are you an administrator looking to start your career in Procurement? Do you want that exposure to Procurement and are willing to grow with a company?
I am working on a fantastic opportunity in Southampton, working for a growing manufacturing company and is a role that is great for someone with little to no experience in Procurement.
Junior Procurement roles can be hard to come by but this is a great opportunity for those wanting to learn about Procurement. This company is recruiting a Procurement Administrator role which includes some tactical buying responsibilities. This means that, on occasion, you will be supporting the purchasing team as a buyer to support their smaller projects; sourcing and buying the necessary materials. If you are someone who wants to learn and grow with a company, then this is the opportunity for you. The company enjoy rewarding outstanding employees so if you are ready to shine then you could also be acquiring a CIPS qualification fully supported by this company.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Expedite existing orders
- Undertake full expediting processes for a wide range of suppliers
- Cross working with other departments to support Purchasing Team
- Process purchasing orders
- Data clean activities for example, updating and validating records and systems
- Support departments across the business to ensure processes are OTIF (on time in full).
- Data Entry – Including update to our system with important detail
- Strong attention to detail, working well under pressure
- Setting up Contracts with suppliers
- Working alongside the purchasing team and being involved in important meetings and decisions
- Maintain the company’s high standards of integrity and professionalism which must be maintained at all times, both internally and externally
- Support cross business working relationships
- Ensuring that you communicate with internal and external stakeholders on a professional level
An understanding of tactical buying and strategic differences is helpful
This is an exciting role because you will have exposure and participation to the full procurement process. If you are looking for a challenge and like a friendly working environment then this is the role for you. If you would be interested in applying, please upload an up to date CV today, email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call Chizoba on 01962 869838 to discuss this role in more detail.