An award-winning construction company that has seen exponential growth in recent years is looking to recruit a Buyer.
As Buyer, you will work on one of their biggest contracts to date with the MOD, running into 2041, managing army garrisons.
You will be involved in all of their capital procurement spend continuously developing army accommodation to improve the lives of soldiers.
This is a supportive organisation that offers excellent on the job training and CIPS apprenticeship schemes to develop your procurement knowledge. A great team and culture, this is an excellent role for someone relatively early on in their procurement career and who is motivated to achieve and steadily progress.
This organisation prides itself in the opportunities it offers to employees, so you can enter this role feeling confident that you will be supported in your progression and training.
As Buyer your key responsibilities will be:
- Executing Procurement activities at client sites to deliver the goods and services required by the teams in accordance with policies, processes and procedures.
- Ensuring that governance requirements are fully satisfied.
- Working with the site teams and supported by the Procurement Leads to ensure an adequate supply chain is in place to satisfy services, projects and overheads requirements.
- Working with various teams to ensure that suppliers satisfy their contractual obligations and provide value for money.
Skills and experience:
- Tendering and supply chain experience
- Demonstrable stakeholder relationship management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- A-Levels or BTEC
- Experience in a Procurement role at a Buyer level, preferably in an FM or construction environment.
- Experience of managing Procurement activity working alongside operational teams.
- Requirement for good attention to detail & Excel skills
Benefits of the Buyer role:
- Up to £30,000
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays, with the opportunity to buy an extra 5 days
- CIPS apprenticeship scheme
- On-site parking
- Various wellbeing benefits