This role sits within the marine division of one of the fastest-growing business units comprising three main pillars with a huge emphasis on technology.
For more than a century, this organisation has been trusted to deliver engineering services across the UK and globally.
This team has a new Supply Chain Director and a new Head of Commercial is being recruited. You will form part of a team of 20, reporting to one of the Senior Commercial Managers and will work across a range of UK and International design, manufacture and support projects ensuring that the customer portfolio is always supported
This is a Business Unit that has an MD with a clear vision and strategy, supported by a brand new Supply Chain Director with a clear track record of delivery.
The role offers a wide variety of development and personal growth opportunities. You will not be afraid of responsibility; you can challenge the norm/raise the bar, and you can work collaboratively with project teams, stakeholders and partners to achieve the best commercially position possible
The role would suit somebody who is working for a large organisation and who is used to delivering against large scale, complex, long term programmes.
You will be based in Bristol but the expectation will be 1/2 days per week in the office when allowed with a fully remote set up to begin with. This is an opportunity that requires SC clearance and you therefore must be eligible for this in order to apply.
As Assistant Commercial Manager, you will be expected to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Provide contract management and governance support to project teams
- Undertake negotiations and pricing activities in support of organic or new growth opportunities
- Support growth aspirations by working as part of opportunity teams
- Work collaboratively with our customers and projects teams to support the development
- Provide innovative and pragmatic commercial solutions in a dynamic environment
- Act as a commercial point of contact for any and all queries from the project team.
Skills and experience:
You will ideally hold or be working towards one of the following qualifications (MCIPS, IACCM, PGCCM) and be able to evidence at interview:
- How you solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions.
- You are a driven individual who wants to make a positive impact on a daily basis.
- You are courageous; you will continuously champion high performance, challenge the status quo, and speak up when required to enhance performance.
- An aptitude to navigate change easily, curious about what the future holds and always seek to learn new skills.
- Shows commitment to helping build an enjoyable, and supportive culture, and actively seeks out and values different perspectives.
- Experience of managing and understanding contracts in matrix organisations from across industry (defence experience ideal but not essential)
- You are commercially driven and can support commercial innovation with a good business awareness of customers and competitors;
- You understand and have experience in the creation of proposals whether as organic growth or for new opportunities;
- You thrive under pressure and can meet tight, critical deadlines
- You have experience of project management and prioritising deliverables to independently manage concurrent and multiple business change projects and day to day operations simultaneously.
There are 5 roles of this nature being recruited for this organisation. If you believe you match the brief, please do apply today. This is not a Procurement opportunity. Some procurement experience would help but is not essential to this position.
How to apply:
To discuss the Assistant Commercial Manager in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 7780 043157. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.