A leading procurement organisation, with over £1bn of managed spend, that supports clients all over the world is seeking an Assistant Category Manager to join their established, effective and highly ambitious team.
Are you an ambitious Buyer or procurement professional looking to drive your career to the next level? If so, this opportunity to join a hugely successful team delivering industry leading procurement services, could be for you.
As Assistant Category Manager, you will manage and develop a diverse range of service spend categories including but not limited to Fleet, Travel, Marketing, Professional and Legal Services. You will support the Category Manager in developing clear and defined procurement strategies, ensuring ongoing efficiency and delivery across a range of projects. Responsibilities include;
- Engaging and supporting a wide range of stakeholders to execute projects effectively
- Conducting market analysis and insight to optimise buying power
- Lead negotiations with suppliers
- Manage and improve the existing supply chain through driving efficiencies and introducing innovative solutions
- Manage the impact of cost pressures such as margin dilution, inflation and commodity movements
The Ideal Candidate:
The team in which this role sits is professional, ambitious and entrepreneurial. We are looking for an individual who possesses such qualities and has a drive and commitment to achieve success. You should have experience across the following areas;
- Ability to prioritise your workload effectively
- A sound understanding of procurement category management principles
- Experienced in building and maintain relationships, using a collaborative approach
- Ability to work cross functionally with colleagues across the business
- Though not essential, CIPS professional qualifications would be an advantage
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07387103143 / 01962 869838 . All enquiries are completely confidential.
Job reference: 896731