A well known charity is seeking an Assistant Category Manager.
Procurement Heads is delighted to be working with this highly-regarded charity based in Dorset.
This organisation has a centralised and professional procurement function reporting to the Head of Procurement and Logistics.
The team is responsible for the sourcing and distribution of the entire spectrum of needs across all of the organisation’s operations nationwide, from raw materials to through to materials for their army of fundraising volunteers to use when meeting the public.
As Assistant Category Manager, you will be supporting the IT category with procurement strategy.
However, previous IT experience is not necessary, you will be trained in the category.
Some examples of projects you will be working on are hardware with internal stakeholders and managing software/service contracts.
You will be responsible for a spend profile of £15 million and will be working in a highly cross-functional environment where teamwork and sharing of responsibilities are important.
Despite having their main office in Dorset, candidates can be based further afield.
The company operates on a hybrid working structure with a great deal of flexibility. Individuals are given the autonomy to be able to determine when being in the office will be beneficial, generally, a max of two days a week.
- Support the value/enabling stream strategy and work in project teams to deliver clear plans that achieve future goals
- Implement the execution of the organisation’s procurement strategy that significantly influences the organisation and its value/enabling streams, to reduce risk and improve quality/service standards to agreed metrics and meet corporate priorities
- Develop and implement the procurement category or subcategory strategy within the value/enabling stream, leading projects to deliver clear plans to ensure financial targets and future goals are met through a project approach
- Sign off projects and spend with relevant value/enabling stream and Senior Category Manager using governance forums, improving contract coverage across the category
- Use sound commercial reasoning and influence to ensure that availability is maximised across categories and delivered in a safe, effective and efficient manner through the tendering, negotiation and agreement of the most appropriate commercial approach
- Analyse/interpret trends, markets and system data as well as organisational requirements to influence stakeholders through the effective presentation of data and key metrics
Ideally, you will have a thorough understanding of procurement strategy and contracts as well as the ability to concisely explain your previous experience.
Benefits of the Assistant Category Manager role:
- £35,993 – £42,345
- Flexible working
- CIPS Study Support