A leading insurance business based in Surrey is seeking an IT Procurement Manager to join their team.
The purpose of this role is to formulate and deliver a digital procurement strategy, working with c-suite level stakeholders to drive this across the business. You will also manage all other IT procurement sourcing on behalf of this business. This includes accountability for IT sourcing activity and category management processes and developing strategy.
With exciting times ahead for this business, the IT Procurement Manager must bring a customer-centric approach and be prepared to think with a fresh perspective.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Management of procurement activity relating to IT spend, totalling a value of c£30m.
- Responsible for building and delivering a sourcing plan around allocated IT spend
- Accountable for cost savings targets, according to annual targets set
- Lead on negotiations with suppliers, working in collaboration with internal customers
- Responsible for budget planning and mitigating commercial / financial risk
- To proactively engage with key IT stakeholders, to build relationships, offer commercial advice and support in the delivery of key technology projects
- Act as a credible source of commercial acumen for the wider business, positively profiling procurement across the business
- Constantly analyse progress of the sourcing plan for IT spend, ensuring the business are utilising all opportunities and remaining up to date with the market
Skills and Experience required:
- Extensive procurement experience in the IT procurement category, specifically within software/digital
- Previous category management experience and delivery within a strategic procurement function
- Extensive understanding of legal and commercial terms and ability to interpret, negotiate and draft contractual documentation with strong attention to detail that considers forward outlook
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities in a continually changing environment
- Strong capability to engage, communicate, present and influence at all levels across the organisation including C-suite
- Strong negotiation, collaboration, and people skills
- Agile to change with a well-organised and logical approach
- Bonus scheme – up to 10%
- Generous pension scheme
- Medical cover
- Discounted products
- Service awards scheme